- Case Number: a20091119.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Martin P
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: AlexanderPrinsier
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-01-07
- Date of ruling: 2010-02-25
- Case closed: 2010-02-25
- Complaint: User wants account deleted
Could you tell my how to delete my account. I couldn't find any way to do so - but it's my whish do clear all my data at your system. (sent from website form)
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Martin Pangert (C), Case: a20091119.1
- 2010-01-03 A: Appointed Arbitrator
- 2010-01-07 Case Manager selected, Arbitration starting
- 2010-01-08 A: Sent initial mail
- 2010-01-18 A: Sent reminder.
- 2010-01-29 C replies and confirms request.
- 2010-02-02 A: Send information request to suport, authorisation to hijack the account is given.
- 2010-02-02 Support Engineer replies with information and notes that he already deleted the account. The Account has no Assurance Points and no certificates are issued.
- 2010-02-02 Independently another SE confirms the supplied information.
- 2010-02-02 A: The Support Engineer deleted the account without the authorisation of an Arbitrator. This is a violation of procedures, the consequences will have to be determined outside this arbitration case.
Though the deletion of the account was not authorised at the time it was done there are no reasons against deleting the account. So no actual harm has been done this time.
I rule that the breach of support procedures shall be handled outside the scope of this case.
This case is closed now.
2009-02-02 (S) actually List of Assurances sent to (A), (C) has no certificates and Assurance points on his account, so (S) deleted acoount
2009-02-25 A: Sent notification to Claimant that the account has been deleted.