- Case Number: a20090818.1
- Status: closed
Claimants: Michael H. Warfield <mhw@WittsEnd.com>
- Respondents: CAcert
- Case Manager: name case manager
- Date of arbitration start: 200Y/MM/DD
- Date of ruling: 200Y/MM/DD
- Case closed: 2010-02-21
- Complaint: User requests a minor change to the account
I need a minor change to my account name. When it was set up, I set the optional middle name field to my initial "H". Now that I've tried to verify and get a PGP key signed, I find that you're doing a way too literal string matching on the full name field. My full name in all of my keys and UIDs is '''"Michael H. Warfield"''' and you're matching it against '''"Michael H Warfield"''' (without the dot '.' at the end of my initial). So, I merely need the dot added to the end of H in the middle name field in the database. I think this is a pretty obvious change that affects only the format (punctuation) and changes nothing significant in the verifications. Any human notary would not even question that.
- 2009-08-18 (C) user added this case by his own as arbitration case onto the wiki
- 2009-08-20 (C): contacts support by email
- 2009-08-20 (Support): solved the problem by user request
- 2009-08-21 (C): request to close this case
- 2010-02-21: This case seems to be added by Claimant, without going through the normal support channel. I've sent an email to C, indicating this does not work, and that he should go through the normal support channel.
- Lambert Hofstra, DRO
- 2010-02-21 (A): started investigations of Aug 2009 activities, request from support about communication emails
After picking up this case, I've checked what happens with this case before:
- user added this case as arbitration case by himself onto the wiki
Arbitrations/a20090818.1 (zuletzt geändert am 18.08.2009 19:28:07 durch?MichaelWarfield)
- I've started requesting support for the archive of emails around August 2009 about communications about this case
- support reports with a forwarding of 4 emails, that shows the communication between support and the user
- The last two mails from support to user: 2009-08-20 and user to support: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 states: SE Guillaume Romagny solved this problem in his role as SE: 2009-08-20
- and user requested on a reply to that: ... a20090818.1, so I guess you can just cancel that or delete it or close it out however you want.
- on a review over the account, the account name includes the dot after the middle name.
- Arbitration case dismissed. Problem solved in the meanwhile and handled thru support. Following the users request to close this case.
- 2010-02-21 (A): case dismissed.
- 2010-02-21 (A): sent out mails to (DRO), Arbitration mailing list, (C)