- Case Number: a20090717.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Ulrich Schroeter
- Respondents: Maurice-Jörg Nießen, postmaster at mjniessen dot com
Case Manager: BernhardFröhlich
- Arbitrator: Andreas Bäß, andreas baess at cacert.org
- Date of arbitration start: 2009/09/29
- Date of ruling: 2009/11/09
- Case closed: 2009/12/14
Hi, i hereby file a dispute against the account with the email address post AT mjniessen dot com I have met Maurice-Jörg Nießen at Linuxtag Berlin in the face-2-face meeting at the booth at June 25th. I'd verified the name on the CAP against the name in his ID document (German Personalausweis). The name on the IDcard: Maurice-Jörg Nießen The name in the account: Maurice Jörg Niessen There are 2 problems with the name in the account: 1. the missing "-" between the both given names in Germany two names combined with "-" are handled as one single name. Thats incorrect in the account. http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=2950&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=5178 599 count of givennames -> Werden zwei Vornamen mit einem Bindestrich verbunden, gelten sie als ein Name. Are there two givennames combined with a dash, this will be one name. 2. Mixing of transliteration Jörg -> Joerg Nießen -> Niessen As stated in "Practice on Names" http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/PracticeOnNames Forbidden variants, row 1 Sample Name(s) in ID doc Name(s) in CAcert account Comment Bärbel Fröhlich Bärbel Froehlich either transliteration everywhere or nowhere Jörg isn't transliterated, Nießen is transliterated so this account names falls under the rule: forbidden variant As the Assuree has yet 70 assurance points something seems to be wrong.
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator Andreas Bäß (A). Respondent: Maurice-Jörg Nießen (R) Claimant: Ulrich Schroeter (C) Case: a20090717.1
At 2009-11-09 the Arbitrator ruled:
All certificates of the respondant shall be revoked and login to the account postmaster at mjniessen dot com shall be disabled.
The primary email address of the account will be changed to firstname.lastname@example.org so it can be used for reference again in other CAcert accounts
- Support will give me the email addresses and Names of the assurers that did not comply with the CAcert practice on names by assuring the respondent so I can point them to this practice for future assurances
- 20091008 A: Sends out initiating mail
- 20091008 R: Answers initiating mail. He notifies the Arbitrator that he already has created another account with a compatible name.
- 20091104 C: requested progress report
- 20091105 A: req from R to move all email addr to new account
- 20091109 A: Request to support to execute ruling.
- 20091113 Support replies, account is locked, modification of mail adresses is pending due to the required additional access rights. Account has been assured by Walter G. and Sebastian S. with 35 points each.
- 20091203 A: Sent email to assurers that did not recognize the wrong transliteration and pointed them to the practice on names and ATE foil
- 20091214 Support reported execution of the ruling