- Case Number: a20090619.2
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Peter van Hameren
- Respondents: CAcert Incorporated
- Complaint: incorrect first name (User not registered under full name)
Dear Sir/Mme, I recently attended a AUT training in Amsterdam and there I learned I have a problem with my CaCert account because the names I used to register my account do not match to my official identity papers because at the time I registered at CaCert I used my forename/second initial/lastname instead of my complete birthnames and lastname. Can you please give me directions on how to start procedures to get my CaCert credentials corrected to match my identity? Kind regards, Peter van Hameren
- Relief: To be determined
- Case Manager: Nick Bebout
- Date of arbitration beginning: 2009/06/19
- Date of arbitration initializing: 2009/10/16
- Date of arbitration ruling: 2009/10/21
- Date of arbitration execution: 2009/11/11
- Date of arbitration closed: 2009/11/11
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A). Respondent: CAcert Incorporated (R) Claimant: Peter van Hameren (C) Case: a20090619.2
- 2009-10-16 (A) i'll take care about case a20090618.10
- 2009-10-16 (C) Request for CCA/DRP acceptance
- 2009-10-16 (C) Request for details
- 2009-10-16 (A) request for email adress used by (C) in dispute filing and account name info from support
- 2009-10-20 (A) rcvd correct email addr from an assurer
- 2009-10-20 (A) rcvd confirmations from 3 assurers about Peter's givenname in his ID documents is Petrus
- 2009-10-21 (C) reminder request for CCA/DRP acceptance
- 2009-10-21 (C) accepts CCA/DRP under this arbitration
- 2009-10-21 (A,C) clarify name change: proposed by (C) 'Petrus van Hameren'
- there was no malfeasance of an type alleged or found
- the rules regarding names have been in flux since then claimant became a member
- this dispute is the result of learning at an ATE
- 3 assurers assured the Claimant, these 3 assurances would bring the Account up above 50 points according to AP.
- 3 assurers states that Peter's givenname in his ID documents is Petrus, the middlename varies in his ID documents from J. to Jacobus
- The account in question has full awarded assurance points and actual also some experience points, so the claimant also has the experience required of assurers
possible name variations after receiving assurers confirmation as stated under PracticeOnNames
- - Petrus Jacobus van Hameren
- - Petrus J. van Hameren
- - Petrus van Hameren
- the relief has been changed from 'User not registered under full name' to 'incorrect first name' and 'removal of middle name(s)'
- from the general rule 'you can reduce information but never increase information' the removal of 'J.' in the account name doesn't conflict with other assurances made
AH Middle names and Initials "According to the AP it is preferred that all given names which can be verified in one of the ID documents are recorded in the account." but Middle names are optional in the CAcert Account.
Due to these facts I order the accounts name to be changed without the removal of any assurance or experience points. The claimant is requested to revoke currently valid certificates, however this is not an order and is left to the discretion of the claimant.
The certificates are not revoked mandatorily, because * the CPS only requires the name to be assured under Assurance Policy, which it was. * the Assurance Policy itself only requires that the Name, E-Mail and secondary distinguishing feature be known, which they are. * the current PracticeOnNames would suggest that the current account name is actually valid according to current policies and practices.
- 2009-10-21 (A) The claimant has been notified of the ruling by E-Mail
2009-10-21 (A) email@example.com has been requested to change the account by E-Mail as requested
- 2009-11-11 (A) support reports: change done
- 2009-11-11 (A) sent notification to (R)
- 2009-11-11 (A) problem fixed. case closed.