- Case Number: a20090618.2
- Status: running
- Claimants: Ulrich Schroeter, ulrich at cacert.org
- Respondents: Johannes Witvliet, hans at pgdh dot nl
- Case Manager: Nick Bebout
- Date of arbitration beginning: 2009-09-06
- Date of ruling: 2009-10-25
- Case closed: 2009-11-10
- Relief: See below
Claimant states that Respondent's account says his name is Hans but his identification states Johannes.
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A). Respondent: Johannes Witvliet (R) Claimant: Ulrich Schroeter (C) Case: a20090618.1
20090906 A: Took the case, asking the Claimant for details since the Case Manager seems to be offline.
20090909 C: I accept CCA and DRP. The CM has already sent the standard initiating mail to me and the Respondent.
20090911 A: Sent another notice to the Respondent, asking if changing the first name in the account to "Johannes" would be an acceptable option.
20090929 A: Sent a reminder asking for a statement till October 14.
20091013 R: Sent a response, would accept changing the account's first name to "Johannes".
20091015 A: Sent a request to support about the Assurers who did assure the Respondent's account.
20091020 Support replies: Cédric Menge, Michael Cox and Marc Lüdorf have assured the account.
20091023 A: Sent out a equest to the Assurers about the circumstances of the Assurances.
20091024 Cédric: Sent a scan of WOT-Form containing a note about first name "Johannes". He can remember insisting on adding this note.
20091024 Michael: Sent a scan of WOT-Form containing a note about first name "Johannes".
20091027 Marc: Sent a reply stating that there is a handwritten note about "Johannes" on the CAP form.
- The first name in the Respondent's account shall be changed from "Hans" to "Johannes"
- Since there are statements by four independent CAcert members about the correct name, all Assurance Points are still valid and no forther change is needed.
The Assurers which have assured the account have been notified that according to PracticeOnNames name variants like Hans/Johannes do not match.
- Since this is a minor and understandable mistake no further action is needed against those Assurers. Given that all of them could provide reliable evidence about the facts on short notice shows their dedication when doing Assurances.
20091025 A: Support, please change the first name in the Respondent's account from "Hans" to "Johannes"
20091110 A: Support reports changes done.
20091110 A: The case is closed now.
Nickname used in account
Spelling difference in name
Shortened first name in account
Quite complicated noble name does not match account