- Case Number: a20090406.2
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Dirk Astrath
- Respondents: Sebastian F.
Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- former Case Manager: Alejandro Mery
- former Arbitrator: Sebastian Küppers
- Date of arbitration start: 2009-04-28
- Date of ruling: 2010-11-12
- Case closed: 2010-11-14
- Complaint: Assurer with the training passed assured a user by a fake name and fake DoB
Stefan R. got assured by Sebastian F. in Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2009 under the name "moep moep", and also with a fake date of birth.
- Relief: Name and DoB correction
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: Sebastian F. (R), Claimant: Dirk Astrath (C), Case: a20090406.2
2009-04-06 (Support): passed to disputes queue, initial filing in Arbitration mailing list
- 2009-04-07 (A): takes care about this case
2009-04-28 (A): Asked claimant and respondant for their point of view and to accept arbitration etc.
2009-05-10 (C): Accepts arbitration
2009-05-16 (A): resent mail to respondant to state his point of view
- 2010-08-02 A: Sent mails to all known addresses to collect information on the case
- 2010-08-03 A: Received mail from Sebastian containing communication concerning the case
- 2010-08-03 A: Sent information request to support
- 2010-08-20 A: Sent informal request for information to R
- 2010-08-22 Support confirms that R has assured Stefan R.'s account for 10 points.
- 2010-08-22 A: Sent an information request to Stefan R.
- 2010-09-05 A: Sent reminder to both R and Stefan R.
- 2010-09-14 A: Sent mail to C asking wether he has additional contact information for R and/or Stefan R.
- 2010-09-18 C: Sorry I have no other contact information. I did not meet again them since the Assurance in question.
- 2010-11-06 A: Sent reminder to both R and Stefan R.
- 2010-11-07 R replies to reminder and provides point of view.
- 2010-11-08 A: Sent mail asking for some clarification of the facts.
- 2010-11-09 R replies and sends scan of CAP form, see discovery.
- R has assured Stefan R.'s account for 10 points
- Noone else has currently assured Stefan R.'s account
- The CAP form provided by R contains the name matching C's claim.
From the information provided by C and R it can be assumed that the Assurance given by R was not valid.
I therefore give the ruling that the Assurance and the corresponding Experience points shall be canceled.
The Assurance in question was one of the first ones the Respondent has made, he has freely provided all necessary information and there seem to be no malicios intentions. Therefore I rule that the Respondent shall be informed about his mistake and encouraged to administer more care in the future, but no further penalties against the Respondent are imposed at this time.
After the Assurance has been canceled Stefan R. shall be notified that he shall correct name and DoB in his account.
- 2010-11-12 A: Sent mail to R informing him about his mistake
- 2010-11-12 A: Sent request to Support to cancel the Assurance
- 2010-11-12 Support confirms that the Assurance has been revoked
- 2010-11-14 A: Sent mail to all involved parties that the Assurance is revoked and the data recorded in Stefan R.'s account can now be changed by himself. Once the data matches their CAP forms, the Assurers may (re-)assure the account.
- 2010-11-14 A: The case is closed now.