- Case Number: a20080401.1
- Status: completed
- Claimants: Sebastian Kueppers
- Respondents: Johann Gruber, Joel HATSCH, Michelle Stahl
- Complaint: assurance with out-of-order user name and possible issuance of wrongly named certificates.
- Case Manager: Guillaume Romagny (CAcert support)
- Arbitrator: Nicholas Bebout
- Date of arbitration: 2008/05/29 - 2008/06/23
Sebastian claimed : I checked this identity on Systems 2007 in Munich as stated above, on the website his name is given as "Gruber Josef Johann" (mixed up order of names). This account already got 70 points issued.
Before: Arbitrator Nicholas Bebout (A). Respondent: Johann Gruber (R) Claimant: Sebastian Kueppers (C) Case: a20080401.1
- A: It has come to my attention that Claimant is a member of the private cacert-arbitration mailing list, and thus, as a party to this arbitration, I hereby rule that he be removed from this list until the conclusion of this arbitration (as that list is for impartial discussion between arbitrators/dispute case managers). I further rule that he be re-added to that list at the conclusion of this arbitration.
All Assurances of the account firstname.lastname@example.org shall be removed
- All certificates issued containing his name shall be revoked.
- The name on said account shall be changed to Josef Johann Gruber.
The Assurers who have assured this account shall be notified that according to WIP AssurancePolicy/PolicyOnNames the names in the account should exactly match the names in the ID. Depending on future decisions transliterations might be accepted and there might be the option to abbreviate first names to first letter with dot.
- This ruling shall apply to this case only.