Arbitration / Training
The Training Course for Case Managers and Arbitrators
Lesson 31 - Arbitration - Discovery
- The Arbitration Process flow can be split in 5 - 6 steps:
- Pickup - Accept as Arbitration or Dismiss
- Search for Case Manager / Arbitrator, Init mailing
- Investigation process / Discovery
- Intermediate Rulings
- The Discovery Process is the time, the Arbitrator have to collect all the infos that are needed to come to a ruling
- In the Discovery Process, facts will be collected
- Typically all related policies needs to be reviewed, that relates to this special Arbitration case
- On Support cases, requests to Support, to Assurers needs to be sent, evidence needs to be collected
- For "Delete my Account" requests, the list of Assurances received and given needs to be requested from Support and be reviewed to keep the Reliance framework intact. I.e.: if Assurances were made, how to handle the CAP forms the Assurer has ?
- On name change requests: did the Assurances happens before AP comes in effect?
- On name change requests: how did the name change affects Client Certs?
- Was the case a bad-cunning deception?
- In the Ruling, you need
- The Facts,
- The logic of the rules and law
- On conflicting Rules, you have to list the conflicting rules
- If you have no facts, you have to collect them from different sources
- i.e. System tasks or Software related, ask Critical System Team, Software-Asssessment Team, Developers Group
- History: search the Wiki, Mailing lists, ask former Board Members, former Team members
- Don't use only one source, contact several sources of information
- Software and System related tasks sometimes needs Expert discussions
so therefore use a Discussion section
- A user requests name change after marriage. Which information do you need to discover ?
- You are working on a mailing list dispute file. How you can contact about mailing lists ?