Minutes Management Sub-Committee meeting 20080121
Present: teus, iang, 22:30 to 01:00; * next meeting next thursday, 10 days.
- list of names for Arbitration
- (manager: Dispute Resolution Coordinator) teus sent email about start of arbitration email list.
- Got 2 OK, 2 acks
- maillist is up
teus to add the new arbitrators to the list and send reminder to others
- wiki is updated
- and some documentation tree adjustments into the wiki record of arbitrations
- added templates
- call for ticketing system done.
- for now, people can be Case Managers and Arbitrators at the same time
- but not for the same case
- idea is to start out as Case Manager and then go up to Arbitrator.
- this will will evolve naturally
2nd sysadmin, has he been added yet? Evaldo
iang ask Ted for some statistics
- need to mention that the Assurers will be chopped off
- Challenge passed report over to core system, status of that?
- implementaton of Challenger-passed mark into the database is pending?
teus to chase Philipp.
- assurer mark for challenge passed assurers
ask sysadmins for this (Evaldo file bug)
- paper certs
- was the certificate for "passed the Challenge" or was it "am an Assurer" ?
- decision by policy/edu that only the name is the certificate
iang to ping ted on status here
- in US the paper certificate is in big demand
- cost of postage is another issue
- but Secure-U should pick this up
- how do we check who is an assurer?
- if a challenge test,
- have 100 points, and passing challenge, this is pretty automatic
- there is less of a privacy issue here?
iang let's take it to policy
- in principle, we need something
- privacy/public status of cert numbers
- should declare these to be public
- as they cause problems if "private" ... PII as well
- propose to policy list
- same discussion applies to all other info in certificate
iang take it to policy?
- main system cacert.org never tells you what your internal number is
- NL: OA assurer bootstrapping of teus
- has been proposed to board
- Organisation as OA handler?
teus to take it to policy
- US: Colorado, California, ? no action...
- other countries? Teus asked on policy list.
- oversight JP?
teus to chase Jens and ask
- in ticketing system?
evaldo to report status on ticketing systems
AT Austria SubPol has been proposed
- comments from a few, including some bounces,
but bounces are not being proposed iang
- NL: OA assurer bootstrapping of teus
- review OA subpols that are there
- Q for feedback 3 weeks old now
- need list of changes
- need driver for this
- we don't want 50 subpols ... and that's just for the US
- maybe we can combine all into Euro subpol
- code signing
- current consensus/abstract?
- policy write up
- income base for-profit packages?
- Assurance promulgation plan
Iang to mail systems & marketing groups.
- teus wants metadata on the page for the policies.
- there needs to be a link from the top page to policies.
- CCA is policy now
- late arrivals Ayes after last call
- 9th of Jan 2008
- agreed that it is approved to POLICY
- 3rd WiP of 3pv-DaL for vendors
- no priority now
- teus asked for add recursive arrangements (noted in WiP)
- Identity versus Arbitration
- need for DOB, ongoing discussion
- DOB is approximately like an SSN, as an analogue
- is used internally as a discriminator, not externally, and there is already the email address as internal discriminator
- NL move
USB link cable on their way -- unknown teus to chase
- new interest of volunteers: Xs4all, NLnet Labs, Medison, ...
- NLnet Labs is around 6 people: DNSsec, IPSec, IPv6, VoIP (security on SIP), RFC work
- create systems committee
- Evaldo compiles req list
- need closed group nomination policy?
- alternate plan C project cacaca
- lots of interest
- AT Comp++
- Less from NLnet Labs (full now with trainees)
- Nothing from Tix, will chase
- 2 Unis?
- lots of interest
enough Evaldo to get some firm interest from Evaldo
- 1st March? 3 month stay, dates, info from consulate
- flight: CAcert 1k
- spending costs: 1k
food & board: ATC (or sponsor).
- some spending stipend from sponsor.
- in exchange for courseware, need to negotiate that with ATC.
- a one year exclusive for Holland
inform ted about the progress, bring him into the loop, teus to mail ted
- in discussion with others, JJ @ NLL and FC @ MK and xxx@xs4all
- we have to build the teams at the same time
- rudi, i, ... on embedded signing server
- admin team: Daniel (takes up), Ted, michael ???
Daniel set up firstname.lastname@example.org, signal that there is something.
what is this, Evaldo: bill to CAcert
- Teus+Evaldo: should bill, submit?
- check OCSP/CRL distr systems (Philipp request)
- not clear what check is required
outline of concerns by Evaldo to M-SC
iang to talk to Pete S
- are these critical systems?
- nothing much on them
- DOS for revocation checking
- certificate could be used for a social engineering attack
teus chase philipp with questions
- why are these being distributed now and not being run on our NL machines???
- Tix active monitoring/changing issue
- question raised by Tix to go transparent or filtered?
- was from Oophaga to Philipp
- happened around the time of Philipp looking at RBL list
- at that moment, Tix made an error ... caused an event call
- The answer from Philipp was to continue the RBL active work
- issue raised 17th november call # 01225785
- as a result, RBL was turned off, but there are other aspects
- gate.cacert.nl is doing the reply
- gate.cacert.nl cert
teus to ping the support people and brief them
- rumour that Philipp is no longer doing support and is looking for others to do the task -- need to check
- refer to list of decisions by board, posted by Teus.
- new logo incorporation still not done (2 months now)
- new style in web pages (2 months now)
- new style development for wiki, blog
- advertisement handling
- google also now in wiki
- text ref only now on main web page
buttons & logo's
- cert button
- organigram wait for M-SC comments
- update in wiki
evaldo is this ok!!!???
- need confirmation from m-sc before publication!
- overview of decisions taken
- in wiki now: AGM, M-SC
- policy has started to record the decisions
- ask Evaldo for additional permissions for all board members to write on the board decisions page
- tracking system for policy progress?
- wiki pages update
- teus to write to Sebastian Documentation Officer
- more people to help
- DRC-A, DRC-B are
- audit.cacert.org is up and running
- need to drop the insistence on CAcert certificate being installed
workplan for auditor, teus
- teus to respond to audit proposal
- start requires move + dual control
- teus to talk it over with Greg
- security manual
- Pat made chapter outline, some feedback from Ian and Philipp, is in progress
- Pat is external to CAcert or one of community (CCA)?
iang to ask.
- MoU for NLnet funding signed by parties
- need announcement press release, but defer this until after agreement with auditor is reached
- documents now on website
- m-sc decision to remove the older HTML discussion document because it is completely replaced by the PDF.
audit can only restart when systems are completely moved to NL
- on website, need some wrap up
- Sebastian's criticism
- recent POLICY votesom
- schedule 3 month period for wrap up decisions taken by email
- evaldo/teus chase up board
- get email decisions into wiki
- AGM minutes need board review is now on wiki
- if we get Evaldo/cacacha then talk to Greg and to Robert about a meeting
- need 2008 budget request to sent to Robert