Advisory Minutes 20071004
Jens, Teus, iang. First time with three over skype
- parag mehta - some discussion of tasks only so far
- iang to ask ianb
- AW, MB (sp) pinged by Teus
- KN pinged by Teus
- look for contacts in scandanavia
- KS ex-chair of Linux group, i18n of programming langs might possibly be able to help on transliteration issue
- WH .. interested to pick up tasks, mentioned another CA, Startcom in Opera, how far with Opera? is retired.
- we should be carefull for money picking driving forces
- Evaldo to look after reports due at AGM, need to ping
- blog post done, via iang (proofreading) and henrik (posting)
- G may leave after interim period, all in agreement to try and keep him on board
- Bug: Teus will be present in spirit due to compulsory party mode.
- OAP was approved after the top, not during
- one issue is that Philipp had objections, and these might have slipped through
- the objections should be aired on policy, should cover the slippage
- sub policies to be done
- Philipp to look at AT Subpol, ping him
- MG is fading away
- issue is that primary contact needs to be changed
- should not lose those companies, Jens is chasing
- but there is no tracking of the contacts, should move to set up CAcert email address through to some officer / team address.
- inform Greg Stark about this
- should be called CAcert Agreement instead of RUA, drop User in title?
- define a User as both company and individual
- Teus to propose the name on policy group
- NDA clause for the RUA?
- privacy info in the assurance is effected, so "NDA" role is required
- clause in Ag should be sufficient.
- NDA form was stop gap measure, no need to rely on stop gap measure more
- need place where policies are described according to which status, etc.
- sebastian has this task ... has not got to it yet
- lay out the task (Teus, iang)
- negotiate the progress (Jens)
sysadm / servers
- press release date -- 21st October, Linuxworld
- comment on FR, EN,
- no comment on DE: Jens
- trusted sysadm to look after new root key, build root key team ?
- H approached, company has too much work (not active before december, but can be informed by Philipp)
- need to closely monitor it
- Philipp agreed to move before end of this year
- H to build up and take over the signing server?
- H to help with ITTC?
- H has worked on electronic voting system (with RG?)
- make a list of available sysadms
- dual use is an issue, officers might do less work if sacrificed to sysadm tasks
- as against possible synergy if they get given the aligned system
- audit says systems should not be run by the officers doing that work
- what's the priority: getting the systems moving or pleasing the auditor?
- chat with guillaume (Teus)
- need to get the work distributed (iang, teus)
- discussion with FH, indicates root keys re-made would be comfortable
- Dutch prof has been pinged.
- with cases so far, nothing happened, is in stall
- Teus to handle
- think about a default deadline to close the case, such as one month
- close means the case is not heard, can be refiled anywhere
- dismissed means the case is heard, finished, can not be refiled
- iang has reviewed the audit criteria on R/L/O
- big issue is now to publish the NRP-DaL everywhere
- Philipp to put on site
- make a plan, send it to M-SC + board ... give it a day
- iang to look at the plan
- need to distro the criteria and progress somehow
- thinking of some basic PHP or similar
- also thinking of a simple assurer attestation function over criteria like that of Education: cert to login, sign over statement.
- audit funding proposal in ... no news as yet
- NLnet website has changed procedures
- NLnet will need around 2 weeks, maybe expect something around 14th?
- longer it takes, better it is
- as of 1st October, Teus is now out of NLnet, and independent.
Registered User Agreement
- Teus suggests it be named "the CAcert Agreement"
- still have to look at transfer of rights question
- FSFE manages it, why can't we their approach?
- could extract the essence of the FSFE doc
- Jens to look at it
- need an open source assets transfer form (future, Philipp, Software Development Officer)
- need a physical assets transfer form (Rob has the task)
- flyer for Systems (Jens briefed, Jens will look at that and advise how it is used in Systems)
- Teus to update Balls In Air for Advisory
- B... (DE) are using CAcert certs (Jens), contact with education and sysadms there
- OA pings have turned up in Jens email box, for Systems event.
- decision made in principle to publish our advisory minutes
- need to camofluage external names
- advisory meeting
- before or after AGM?
- support for post-AGM
- lots of work after the AGM 17th November?
- 1st week of december?,
Close 2 hours